Accredited stugy programmes
Information about the accredited study programmes can be found in the UVMP study programme register. UVMP currently has accredited study programmes in the fields of veterinary medicine and pharmacy:
- Safety of feeds and foodstuffs (full-time, part-time in Slovak language)
- Cynology (full-time, part-time in Slovak language)
- Man-animal relationship and its use in canistherapy and hipotherapy (full-time, part-time in Slovak language)
- Animal Science (full-time in English language, joint study programme with NORD University)
- Veterinary nurse (full-time in Slovak or English language, part-time in Slovak language)
- The market and quality of foodstuffs (full-time, part-time in Slovak language)
- Animal welfare and protection (full-time, part-time in Slovak language)
- Pharmacy (full-time in Slovak language, joint study programme with Pavol Jozef Šafárik University in Košice full-time in Slovak language)
- Food Hygiene (full-time in Slovak language)
- General veterinary medicine (full-time in Slovak or English language)
Doctoral study programmes as study programmes of the third level of higher education are taught at the University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy in Košice in 13 accredited doctoral study programmes in full-time and external form of study in Slovak and English language. The standard length of study in the full-time form is four years and in the external form five years. Graduates of doctoral studies are awarded the academic title “philosophiae doctor” (“Ph.D.”).
Accredited study programmes for the 3rd level of higher education at the University of Veterinary Medicine and Pharmacy in Košice are provided within the approved System of Study Fields.
The evaluation of veterinary schools in Europe is carried out by EAEVE (member of ENQA) in cooperation with FVE. The evaluation system is managed through the European Committee for Veterinary Education (ECOVE). The principle was adopted that the evaluation of veterinary education and veterinary schools is carried out periodically every ten years on the basis of the accepted European system of evaluation of veterinary education, which has its own principles (PPE – Principles and Process of Evaluation) and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP). Assessments, including visits, are conducted in English language only.
UVMP currently has a status: Approved & Accredited.